Located on the right bank of the Seine at the centre
of a dodecagonal configuration of twelve radiating
avenues. It was commissioned in 1806 after the
victory at Austerlitz by Emperor Napoleon at the
peak of his fortunes. Laying the foundations alone
took two years and, in 1810, when Napoleon entered
Paris from the west with his bride Archduchess
Marie-Louise of Austria, he had a wooden mock-up
of the completed arch constructed.
Number of sheets:
3.2"H x 3.75" x 2"